PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SEDATION PATIENTS
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THESE DIRECTIONS BE FOLLOWED. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF SURGERY.
- Nothing to eat 8 hours before surgery. You may have water up to 2 hours prior to surgery.
- A responsible adult must drive you to the office on the day of surgery, stay at the office while your surgery is performed and drive you home from the office.
- It is important to have an adult with you for the entire day of surgery.
- If you take medications regularly that are prescribed by your medical physician, you may take them with a small sip of water at least 2 hours prior to your surgery, unless specific instructions have otherwise been discussed.
- The use of recreational drugs, including smoking and/or vaping marijuana, can have an adverse effect on the anesthesia medications that we use. You MUST discontinue use for at least 24 hours before your procedure.
- If you have an illness including a sore throat, cough or cold please notify the office prior to your surgery.
- Please remove contact lenses, make-up, nail polish, earrings and jewelry prior to surgery.
- Comfortable, loose fitting clothing is suggested.
Download a copy of these Pre-Operative Instructions (PDF).